Agave Inulin is a dietary fiber.it belongs to class of polysaccharide known as fructans. In plants this is stored in roots and rhizomes.
Agave Inulin is a dietary fiber.it belongs to class of polysaccharide known as fructans. In plants this is stored in roots and rhizomes.it is the energy source for plants. It is obtained from agave plant. There are two varieties of agave plants namely Blue Weber and the Salmiana. The blue weber has more amount of inulin and is sweeter. Agave plant is grown over hundreds of years. It requires less water and less fertilizer.
Inulin is soluble dietary fiber. Many plant polysaccharides are hydrolyzed by the fluid in the human digestive system. But inulin is neither digested by stomach secretion nor gets it absorbed in the intestine.it passes in original form to the large intestine. There it gets fermented by the intestinal microbial flora. Then it serves as the fertilizer to sustain bifid bacteria which are beneficial bacteria. Therefore inulin is good food for the probiotics in the colon. Inulin has beneficial dietary effects and this fact is supported by scientific research.
Health Benefits of Agave Inulin:
1) It is used in many processed food as it shows many adaptable characteristics. Therefore it is considered as good food option.
2) It can replace sugar, fat, floor in food. Therefore it is replaced for many food items in processed food.
3) It is less caloric value. It has only 25-35 % of energy compared to starch.
4) It increases calcium absorption.
5) Promotes growth of intestinal bacteria.
6) Good option for diabetic people as it does not have effect on blood sugar level.it has sweet test.
7) It helps in absorption of minerals and vitamins.
8) It aids in body protection by preventing proliferation pathogens in body.
9) It helps to reduce constipation as it increases moisture and mass of feces. Also it accelerates passage of stool.
10) It helps to control cholesterol and triglycerides in blood. Therefore it protects from cardiovascular diseases.
11) It also reduces colon cancer, irritable bowel syndrome risk and makes the colon healthy.
12) It helps in acidifies of colon which results in prevention of growth of pathogenic bacteria like Salmonella, shigella etc.
13) Inulin improves overall body immunity.
No hydrolyzed Inulin gets converted in to the Ethanol directly.
Medical applications of inulin:
Inulin helps in the medical field as following:
1) It is used in measurement of Glomerular filtration rate (GFR), which is main part of kidney function detection.
2) It is used in rehydration and mineralization process, in case of diarrhea which involves water loss.
3) It is also used as adjuvant or as carrying agent in vaccine.
4) It increases bifid bacteria which is good bacteria and decreases bad other bacteria. The bifidobacterium help in decomposition
In food agave inline can be used in:
1) Curd or yogurt.
3) Healthy bars.
7) Bakery items.